This Acceptable User Policy (AUP) governs the use of Hostmara’s (also known as ‘company‘) cloud web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and company regarding the interpretation of this AUP, company’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
You may not publish or transmit via company’s service any content that reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
Company does not accept material such as Proxy, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), malware, hacking script, Gambling and Lottery sites or services.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
Any kind of bulk emailing is strictly must obtain advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and company’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request;
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established Malaysia copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
- Company will suspend the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Changes to the Terms of Service
Hostmara may change and/or adjust this Acceptable User Policy from time to time without notice other than posting the revised version on the hostmara.com site.
Read also Terms of service agreement.
If you have any questions, please Contact us.
The effective date starting 28 December 2015.